We received the following bulletin from Royal Mail with regards to their on-going cyber incident yesterday afternoon (30th January). It seems that Royal Mail in collaboration with UK authorities including the National Crime Agency and the National Cyber Security Centre, have been working around the clock to find a work around after the Royal Mail cyber incident first reported on the 12th January.
Royal Mail Cyber Incident
Progress has been made, here is the full statement from Royal Mail:
We at Everything Dinosaur can confirm that last night and this morning we have started to despatch international parcels with a tracked or tracked and signed service or just the signed for service. By 3.30pm GMT (31st of January), all parcels that were held and had tracked, tracked/signed or just signed shipping have been sent out.
Where we have been able to upgrade standard airmail parcels, we have and these have been sent out as well. This just leaves those standard airmail parcels that we were not able to upgrade being delayed by this current cyber incident.
We thank all those customers who have been affected by this for their patience.
At this difficult time, we would like to assure all our customers that we continue to implement contingency plans to minimise any delays to the despatch of parcels.
Please note, international customers based in the EU are not affected, our deliveries to EU customers have continued to operate as normal as Everything Dinosaur uses a different courier network for parcel deliveries to the European Union.
For further information and to contact Everything Dinosaur: Email Everything Dinosaur.
- International tracked parcels can now be despatched.
- International tracked and signed parcels can now be despatched.
- International signed parcels can now be despatched.
- A significant proportion of those Everything Dinosaur customers who had purchased an item and paid for standard international airmail shipping have had their parcels upgraded free of charge to a tracked and/or signed service to permit their order to be sent out.
- Only international standard airmail parcels are currently being held and cannot be despatched.
Visit Everything Dinosaur’s award-winning website: Everything Dinosaur.